I know, I know, the official weather bureau had already declared that summer is officially over 🙁 Boohoo! But living in such a place as Manila, somehow, I still believe that the Philippines is really the land of eternal summer, interspersed with some rainy and stormy days every now and then. And it just took today’s hot and humid weather to vindicate my belief that, yes, the heat is still here even if the rainy season has officially “started”.
Fuchsia pink bazaar cardigan
Baby blue SM Department Store belt
Red 168 Mall sling/shoulder bag
H & M bangle set
Charles & Keith peep toe heels
Everything that you see in these outfit posts were items I shopped from my closet (and this top was even raided from my aunt’s) 🙂
2. Go full-on bright on bright. And be happy! I read somewhere once that when you’re feeling down, wear a solid, bright color and it will instantly lift your mood. I’ve deliberately done this on sad days and I can really swear this tip works! 🙂
I’ve also been lucky enough to have been able to work in a firm which didn’t really have a very strict dress code, which one would stereotypically associate with a law firm. Yes, I’m a lawyer and I wore these outfits to work and I got nothing but compliments for wearing such happy colors. A welcome alternative to the classic black, certainly and quite right for the summer 🙂 (Although I made sure I didn’t have client meetings when I wore these outfits :)).
3. Pair a bright skirt and a bright top. Or a bright dress with a bright cardigan. And add a third bright color with a belt. And if you dare (like me!), add another pop of color with a bright bag:)
My tip is to stick to bright colors that don’t clash—but I won’t be able to tell you which colors will clash with what colors because it will all depend on the shades and the overall look. So I just say, trust your color instincts (and if you don’t have one, well, practice!) The color possibilities are endless. I have even paired blue, red, and white (although I’ve been good-naturedly ribbed for wearing the colors of the Philippine flag).
And I even wore bright accessories too 🙂
4. If you want to edit the brightness, then go neutral with your accessories. Go bright with your clothes, then tone it down with neutral bags and shoes. And please remember, this is not the era of your grandmother where your bag has to exactly match your shoes! I paired my bright ensemble with nude peep toes and a black structured bag.
When everything else is bright, keep the accessories neutral
5. If you’re not color brave enough to go all out bright on bright, then colorblock with small pieces. If you think that the bright colorblocking trend is too much for your palette or for your work environment, then you can start small by colorblocking items such as your bag and your shoes and/or accessories such as your belt 🙂 Or pair a bright, solid scarf with a belt or a bag. Try two colors first then gradually move on to three colors in each outfit.
6. Wear this trend all year. This trend is perfect not just for the summer. Won’t you want to wear happy colors when the rain is pouring too? 🙂
As in all things related to fashion, just have fun and play with it 🙂 And summer may be officially over but I know that its colors and the joy it brings to my spirit will never fade. 🙂 Wishing you all all the brightness and happiness of summer all year through! Cheers! 🙂