Hello and welcome to Sunset Goddess Manila!
My name is Judy Alice, also known as “The Sunset Goddess”, and I’m the author and editor of this blog. I am an intrepid traveler, food lover, and conscientious fashionista currently living in Manila, Philippines. I love taking photos, chasing sunsets, hunting for fab cheap chic finds, and seeking bliss and inspiration everywhere.
I am also a lawyer and pride myself in being multidimensional. I like breaking down stereotypes and personifying lawyer chic. I love exploring with my girlfriends, whether over coffee or cocktails, issues that modern fabulous Filipinas face in our journey of having it all.
About The Blog
Sunset Goddess Manila aims to guide fellow Filipinas in the journey of seeking and celebrating happy, well-balanced, everyday lives on an everyday income, to inspire them in exploring what it means to have it all and pursuing the work-life balance ideal, and to motivate them in growing meaningfully and beautifully in whatever chapters life may bring—all by sharing first-hand, authentic, helpful advice and experiences curated by a vibrant and well-rounded lawyer who is also growing, seeking, and traveling together with them on this beautiful journey.
I started blogging as The Sunset Goddess in 2010 as an escape and creative outlet for my writing, and to document my travels and lifestyle adventures. Today, Sunset Goddess Manila is my platform to provide relevant and meaningful lifestyle information and inspiration for fabulous, uplifting and inspired everyday living for Filipinas—with a focus on profound and fabulous travels, the pursuit of personal style, easy domesticity, cheap chic fashion and shopping finds, as well as sharing important life lessons and practical legal information.
What I blog about:
- Fabulous Goddess Travels – Tales of travels around the Philippines and elsewhere in the world, along with food trips, outfit posts, detailed travel guides and itineraries, and wanderlust inspirations—all done in the spirit of fabulousness and in the quest for meaningful, life-changing travel.
- Goddess Style- Not so much about trends in fashion and beauty, but more on sharing great finds even on a budget, as well as the pursuit of personal style and practicing quality over quantity, affordability over luxury, mixing & matching, and shopping our closets.
- Domestic Goddess 101 – Chronicles of cooking, decorating, and celebrations in my own beginner’s journey to domestic bliss.
- Goddess & The City – Favorite things, shopping and lifestyle finds, events, raves and reviews, store spotlights, restaurant recos, and weekend snaps, in and around the city that I call home: Manila.
- Life & Legal Goddess– Practical and meaningful life lessons, articles, and general legal advice centered around women’s lives and issues (and perhaps a thing or two about men too!), and my own personal musings.
Why Sunset Goddess Manila
I envision Sunset Goddess Manila as a colorful, beautiful, and vibrant online home geared towards the goddess in each and every woman, particularly the Filipina, wherever she is in the world: one who is powerful, beautiful, wise, passionate, creative, street smart, and multidimensional.
The image of riding off into the sunset is often used in endings of books and films, a modern-day fairy tale way of saying “and they lived happily ever after”. This blog inspires and explores how we can indeed chase and ride off into that beautiful, colorful sunset and seek our own happily ever after, but without losing touch of the goddess within each of us, and whether with or without a man or kids by our side. This blog is a testament to how we as women riding off into the sunset and being that Sunset Goddess is not actually about endings but about beginnings, about practicing gratitude for the moment but also moving with purpose towards the next day, the next chapter, the next challenge—as only truly empowered and inspired women can—and all in the vibrant glow of that majestic, magical sunset light.